Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator
Passionate about human rights and want to spread the word?
You could be our next Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator.
The Sentinel Project is a rapidly growing volunteer organization that assists communities threatened by mass atrocities worldwide.
What does the Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator do?
The purpose of the Public Relations & Marketing Coordinator role is to increase visibility and strengthen the Sentinel Project’s brand as an expert source of information in the field of genocide prevention on a national and international scale.
To achieve this, you will develop and implement short and long-term organization-wide strategy as it relates to marketing and public relations. You will develop mutually beneficial and sustainable relationships with external stakeholders, and also engage internal stakeholders (volunteers and executives) in order to fully realize these strategies.
What else is the Community Manager responsible for?
- Develop and implement action plans in order to execute strategies
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Director of Operations to obtain buy-in and engage internal stakeholders in order to fully realize strategies
- Work with the Sentinel Academy Team to promote the Introduction to Technology for Human Rights Course (and other course offerings) to increase course enrollments and revenue
- Collaborate with Research Team Leads to gather and disseminate information on recent developments in our situations of concern and field operations
- Identify marketing and networking opportunities for the Sentinel Project to share our expertise and promote our work (e.g. online events, networking events, conferences, speaking engagements) as aligned with strategy
- Ensure ongoing communication within the Communications Team in order to facilitate cohesive teamwork
Are you qualified? You are if you…
- Are able to work independently in a virtual environment with little instruction or direction
- Have previous experience in marketing or public relations (required)
- Are able to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week
- Possess ability to develop and execute organization-wide strategy
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Are highly collaborative with a demonstrated ability to work with various stakeholders
- Have strong knowledge of social media networks, online community forums, and new technologies or tools as they relate to marketing and PR
- Possess an understanding of the non-profit sector in Canada and knowledge of key stakeholders as relevant to the work of the SP
Why become an Operations Team Member?
- Do what you love while contributing to a worthwhile cause
- Opportunity to lead and contribute to impactful organization-wide projects in your area of expertise
- Become part of a strong network of quality individuals from diverse academic and professional backgrounds
- Participate in community events and training opportunities to facilitate your personal and professional development
We are a diverse group of volunteers who are passionate about international development, volunteering and technology. You will be part of a new approach to international peace building and contribute to a meaningful cause within a rapidly growing organization. Last but not least, you will do all of this while having fun, meeting new and interesting people, and developing yourself personally and professionally.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
(Please note again that this is a volunteer position.)
The Sentinel Project is grateful to all applicants for their interest in our organization. Although only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, don’t assume that because you haven’t heard from us right away, we’re not keeping you in mind for future opportunities with our team. Our needs change constantly.