Graphic / Web Designer
Based in Toronto, the Graphic / Web Designer is responsible for creating both internal brand identity materials and user interfaces for The Sentinel Project’s wide portfolio of technology initiatives, and works closely with research and technology stakeholders across our geographically diverse team. The Graphic / Web Designer will leverage design talent and best practices to distinguish The Sentinel Project’s visual identity in print, web, social media and mobile.
What you’ll do:
- Design user interfaces and branding materials across print, web, social media and mobile channels
- Create charts, infographics, icons, illustrations, wireframes, flowcharts, personae / user stories and other graphic or strategic assets as required
- Work collaboratively with research and technology staff, both in person and remotely via productivity tools
What you’ll need:
- Although branding, illustration, typography and print experience is important, extensive interactive experience is critical
- Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop and other industry-standard design tools
- Experience creating brand guidelines and creative briefs
- Comfortable working at a pre-design (UX) level of abstraction, creating information architecture, wireframes, user personae, etc.
- Familiarity with productivity tools such as Google Drive, Basecamp, Trello, MediaWiki, etc.
What we’d also love to see:
- Illustration and/or animation skills
- Demonstrated involvement in the web, social media or mobile communities
- Equally comfortable with both PC and Mac operating systems
You’ll be a strong fit for this role if you’re:
- Autonomous and detail-oriented, with an attention to quality bordering on obsessive
- Actively involved in the web, social media or mobile communities
- A strong communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledgeable both about current technical trends and constraints and about technologies being used elsewhere in the human rights and international development communities
- Willing to contribute a reasonable number of hours every week, and diligent about delivering to agreed upon timelines
What’s in it for you?
- Serve an important cause by contributing to an organization approaching the problem of mass atrocities in an innovative way
- Work within a diverse team of dedicated, interesting people with a variety of roles and backgrounds
- Practice and develop management skills relating to both people and projects
- Opportunity to participate in exciting field work initiatives, conferences and training
- Develop your technical and professional skills through our unique approach of combining technology and research
Please contact us at email@example.com with:
- An updated resume or LinkedIn URL
- A cover letter explaining how your background and expertise will ensure that you will excel in this role
- Links to articles, blog posts, social media posts, and other written materials you’ve authored